- 07/03/2017: ABC Hobart: Radio Interview (at 1:14:40).
- 17/12/2016: The Tracking Board: The Tracking Board is pleased to announce the Launch Pad Manuscript winners of the Inkshares publishing prize.
- 17/12/2016: Inkshares: The Launch Pad Contest Finalists.
- 08/12/2016: Tasmania Talks: Hobart to Hollywood – Local closet sci-fi writer wins international competition.
- 07/12/2016: The Mercury: Hobart author Robert Batten wins international literary award and shot at Hollywood.
- 23/11/2016: The Warbler: Author Interview: Robert Batten.
- 21/11/2016: Write or Else! Reading Radar – Human Resources and Nightlord: Sunset.
- 26/10/2016: The Mercury: Science fiction dream becomes a reality for finalist in international writing competition.
- 23/10/2016: Geek Embassy: Author Profile: Robert Batten.
A truly gripping beginning to a book who’s premise combines the monster-movie elements we all know and love with capitalism personified. Zombies and vampires and mayhem, oh my! I can’t wait to get my hands on the whole book!
Fast-paced and engaging, I can’t wait to see how Human Resources ends! Please check it out!
I love how the author places you in the characters’ shoes. This books takes off running.
Human Resources is an intriguing mash-up of dystopian setting with the post-apocalyptic madness of a zombie genocide. Add in to that a vampire oligarchy forced out of the shadows in order to defend their food source — that is, humans — from the contamination of the zombie contagion, and you have a wholly original blend…
Add this to your reading list. Instantly you are drawn into this world, fighting for your life alongside the characters. Do it, check it out now!
Wow, a cool twist on an apocalyptic storyline. Vampires and the last of the human race each trying to survive!
Suspenseful, dark, powerful corporations enslaving the common man, and of course an apocalyptic virus. Everything I love! I’m in!!!
Really inventive, harrowing stuff. Great story telling — here’s rooting for this one to win!
Of course, at the end of the world corporations not only retain their power, but reign above us all and act with ulterior motives. I highly recommend Batten’s unique take on the zombie apocalypse!
Very cool idea for a story! Very excited to see where Robert Batten takes us with this one!