A new post on LinkedIn by Rachel Schall Thomas (President at LeanIn.Org) highlights how early gender bias and discrimination can affect women in the workforce:
The article tells us women:
- Are less likely to receive the first critical promotion to manager.
- Are less likely to be hired into more senior positions.
- Get less access to the people, input and opportunities that accelerate careers.
- Are disadvantaged in many of their daily interactions.
- Less than half as likely as men to say they see a lot of people like them in senior management.